Our client is a young, dynamic start-up with a small, highly-motivated team involved in investing and redeveloping residential and commercial real estate in Montreal. In just two years, we have acquired several buildings on the island and intend to grow our portfolio substantially over the coming months and years. They invest in undervalued, mismanaged assets and renovate and reposition these buildings to better accommodate Montreal’s strong and vibrant rental market. Considering their rapid expansion plans in Montreal and ultimately elsewhere in North America, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating and implementing residential renovation projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. They will supervise and act as liaison between the company and general contractors. They will effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members. They will also manage existing tenants and be responsible for leasing vacant apartments.
· Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
· Allocate resources for assigned projects
· Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
· Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers and city officials
· Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
· Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
· Manage residential and commerical tenants
· Correspond with relevant trades to find solutions to tenant issues
· Lease vacant units and/or coordinate with brokers
· Collect rent on a monthly basis
· Minimum 1 year experience in construction project management roles with experience managing small – medium scale projects
· Strong business acumen in project planning and management
· Fluently bilingual (English / French)
· Strong verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· Strong negotiating skills with the ability to work as a leader, in a team environment
· Strong ability to multi-task
· Fast learner, independent, self-motivated
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.