Salary to be discussed
- Develop the design and supervise and develop the engineering documents, plans, specifications, addendums required for the realization of building projects, medium and low voltage electrical distribution systems, motor controls and protection, fire alarms, generators, ASSC and lighting systems, in accordance with established standards and in coordination with other disciplines;
- Determine construction costs and quantities in accordance with standard methods and established plans and specifications;
- Conduct studies and prepare technical reports;
- Perform coordination studies, short circuit calculations and arc flash calculations under the supervision of a senior engineer;
- Solve technical problems;
- Supervise and/or perform site surveys, inspections, reports and monitoring including coordination with contractors and other disciplines;
- Write status reports and contribute to the development of action plans including the management of contractor extras;
- Make recommendations for payment of completed work;
- Performs quality assurance in design in his/her discipline;
- Review shop drawings and completion documents.
Project Management :
- Take charge of small and medium size electrical projects;
- Identify, analyze and validate customer needs and requests;
- Participate in the development of service offers, including the breakdown of projects into work packages and the evaluation of the work hours required to complete the projects;
- Develop and coordinate project plans to meet cost, schedule and quality objectives;
- Produce control elements (minutes, progress reports, etc.) to ensure project follow-up;
- Manage the relationship with project stakeholders and ensure their satisfaction;
- Ensure the compliance of the work performed by the personnel involved in the projects;
- Manage changes that may be generated by client requests, project operational needs or field or site conditions and implement the necessary actions in the event of modifications to project plans;
- Participate in the post-mortem of projects.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ);
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the field of consulting engineering;
- Technical knowledge: medium and low voltage electrical distribution systems, motor controls and protection, fire alarms, generators, UPS and lighting systems;
- Good knowledge of current codes and standards, including the Canadian Electrical Code and the National Building Code;
- Fluency in spoken and written French, bilingualism an asset;
- Possess the ASP Construction certification for the General Health and Safety Course on construction sites;
- Good knowledge of the Office suite;
- Knowledge of Autocad;
- Knowledge of Revit, ETAP and AGI32 (an asset);
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
DESIRED PROFILE :
- Good ability to learn and adapt;
- Interest in collaboration and ability to work in a team;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate professionalism and positive leadership;
- Demonstrate rigor, autonomy and initiative;
- Good time and priority management;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good analytical skills and ability to synthesize information.
AGENCE CARRIERES; Our Agency, Your Career, Multiple OPPORTUNITIES *
*Only selected candidates will be contacted. *
Hiring is conditional upon successful completion of a reference check, a criminal check and a credit check. By applying for the position, you agree to subscribe to our automatic job posting.
The masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening this text. It therefore includes the feminine gender.