Primary Job Responsibilities:
– Coordinate the technical aspects of RFPs: review specifications, select and conform products, establish product cost and adage times, obtain technical approvals from R&E team, etc. to ensure timely, accurate and complete proposals
– Develop constraint maps for new product opportunities
– Provide technical support to customers, sales and marketing team and customer service team.
– Create customer drawings/quotes and bills of materials based on approved R&E designs
– Support the manufacturing and quality teams
Reports to: Product Manager
Primary Work Location: Montreal, Quebec
Travel requirements: Occasional
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Coordinate the technical aspects of RFPs: review specifications, select and comply with products, establish product costs and timelines, obtain technical approvals from R&E team, etc.
– Prepare constraint maps for projects in collaboration with sales and marketing
– Monitor progress of new product development programs and actively participate in interim design reviews. Propose changes as needed to meet business specification objectives.
– Provide technical support to customers, sales network and customer service
– Provide field support and customer training for communications and energy products, including trade show support.
– Evaluate competitive product, conduct technical and application specification benchmarks and make recommendations
– Coordinate the procurement and assembly of demonstration materials
– Collaborate on engineering evaluation and design with the Research and Engineering (R&E) team in Montreal.
– Create customer drawings/quotes from R&E approved drawings.
– Develop conceptual models and proposals based on requests through sales and marketing.
– Perform review and interpretation of customer specifications and industry standards as they relate to product design and validation (e.g. ASTM, CSA, IEEE, etc.)
– Support shop floor document management (Epicor entries, work orders, bills of materials, etc.)
– Participate in product quality reviews and perform technical analysis as required
– Support manufacturing teams through process reviews, continuous improvements and tooling designs;
– Attend technical meetings, conferences and specialized courses relevant to the area of responsibility.
– Professionally represent PLP Canada in all interactions with customers and others
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong collaboration and team skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Ability to work accurately and efficiently under tight deadlines
– Spoken languages: English, French an asset
– Written languages: English, French an asset
– Engineering technician/technologist degree or engineering degree (mechanical preferred)
– Modeling and 3D drawing of parts and assemblies (Creo and Solidworks preferred)
– MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
– AutoCAD 2D (a resource)
– Understanding of manufacturing processes and documentation such as work orders, bills of materials, etc.
– Full time, permanent position
– 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation and vacations, and a deferred profit sharing retirement program.
We are a company that values new ideas and opinions, and we encourage our employees to ask questions in the spirit of continuous improvement. We promote a balance between work and family as an important aspect that helps support the long-term growth and health of all our employees. We value diversity and inclusion and have a work environment where all employees respect each other and work together to achieve common goals. The company also has annual social events and a service awards program, which recognize ongoing employee contributions each year.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations will be provided to candidates with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to participate in the process and require accommodation, please advise us in advance.
* Registered Professional Engineers may use the title Product Engineer, otherwise the title Product Specialist will apply.
AGENCE CARRIÈRES ; Our Agency, Your Career, Multiple OPPORTUNITIES *
*Only successful candidates will be contacted. *
Hiring is conditional upon successful completion of a reference check, a criminal check and a credit check. on and a credit check. By applying for the position, you agree to subscribe to our automatic job posting.
The masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening this text. It therefore includes the feminine gender.