Full time, permanent
Day and evening schedule
Face to face job only
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Clerk is responsible for receiving and shipping goods.
He/she ensures cleanliness and compliance with the warehouse filing system. In all of his actions, he ensures compliance with current procedures and work safety rules.
As a contributor to the exceptional customer experience, he/she ensures that the loading of merchandise into customer vehicles is done with courtesy and distinction.
Measures of Success
– Accuracy of order picking
– Accuracy of inventory taking
– Accuracy of data entry into the computer system
– Respect of delivery deadlines
– High level of customer satisfaction – vision of excellence, wow effect
– Cleanliness of the warehouse and respect of the warehouse organization/classification system
– Respect for procedures and rules in force
– The impact of his collaboration and behaviors within the team
– Development of his skills and updating of his knowledge
Receiving and shipping of merchandise:
– Ensure the reception of merchandise. Review purchase orders to validate quantities received. Inspect and verify the merchandise received and validate the concordance with the packing slips. Identify defective or damaged merchandise;
– Perform data entry of receipts and shipments in the computer system;
– Prepare the required warehouse locations for receiving large orders;
– Ensure the placement of merchandise in the warehouse manually or with the use of a pallet jack or forklift, following the “Receiving Merchandise” procedure;
– Assemble merchandise in preparation for deliveries or transfers;
– Prepare merchandise for returns to suppliers;
– Prepare merchandise for returns to suppliers; Provide customer support for loading merchandise into customer vehicles;
– Verify truck inventory on a weekly basis, in accordance with the “Truck Inventory Verification” policy;
– Contribute to the partial (monthly) or complete (yearly) inventory of the warehouse, according to the needs and standards of the organization;
– Verify daily the access and cleanliness of the warehouse access ramp. If necessary, make the necessary corrections;
– Sort recyclable materials and waste and deposit them in the appropriate containers.
Collaborator within the team:
– Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Respect and promote health and safety rules in the workplace;
– Participate actively in the organization’s initiatives and projects;
– Adopt behaviours conducive to maintaining a harmonious and supportive work environment. Embody the values of the organization: teamwork, respect, passion and communication;
– Performs all other duties and responsibilities related to his/her role.
Academic requirements and technical skills
– Minimum of high school education (high school diploma is a strong asset);
– Minimum of six (6) months experience in a similar role;
– Experience and professional training in forklift operation and pallet jack operation;
– Good knowledge of the French language, both spoken and written;
– Good knowledge of products, audio-video solutions;
– Computer skills; good knowledge of Solusoft software;
– Physical aptitude for manual work. Ability to perform physical work requiring standing for long periods of time and lifting up to 50 pounds ;
– Strong customer focus – quality customer service
– Interpersonal skills, professionalism and collaboration
– Self-directed and results oriented
– Sense of responsibility
Knowledge, skills and abilities related to the role
– Good manual dexterity
– Thoroughness, meticulousness
– Respect for standards and procedures
– Prioritization and organizational skills
– Ability to evolve in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
AGENCE CARRIERES; Our Agency, Your Career, Multiple OPPORTUNITIES *
*Only successful candidates will be contacted. *
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of a reference check, criminal check and credit check. By applying for the position, you agree to subscribe to our automatic job posting.
The masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening this text. It therefore includes the feminine gender.