120000 to 140000$ / year depending on experience + Benefits
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Procurement will be responsible for developing and managing procurement policies, procedures and programs, focusing on their ability to enhance the value and efficiency of the growing company.
The team includes :
o Two procurement and supplier management consultants;
– Develop synergy with the various business sectors to support them in the development, implementation and coordination of procurement-related processes;
– In collaboration with the various business units, establish contract negotiation strategies;
– Efficiently draft and manage calls for tender, contracts and contract renewals;
– Ensure that the company’s procurement policies and guidelines are understood and respected;
– Use an approach based on contract risk analysis that takes into account compliance with business requirements;
– Agree on a supplier selection (accreditation) process and research new suppliers;
– Maintain a supplier management documentation system;
– Promote good procurement practices within the company;
– Keep abreast of industry best practices (benchmark), procurement market trends and ensure continuous improvement of procurement processes;
– Build and maintain long-term relationships with major suppliers/partners;
– Implement cost reduction strategies adapted to the real estate field (corporate and operational expenses) while respecting deadlines and quality standards;
– In connection with the real estate acquisition and disposal strategy, implement the necessary tools to ensure transactional support and the integration of new suppliers;
– Implement performance indicators to measure and analyze the purchase of goods and services.
3) Purchasing management system
– Responsible for managing the procurement software (Ivalua);
– Contribute to the improvement of business processes and business intelligence.
4) Resource management
– Responsible for the coordination and development of procurement consultants under his/her supervision.
– Bachelor’s degree in business administration, specializing in supply chain management (operations, logistics) or any other field deemed relevant;
– Minimum 10 years’ experience in purchasing and procurement processes, contract negotiations and contract management, including five (5) years as a manager;
– Excellent computer skills (MS Office – Excel, Outlook and Word);
– Significant experience with an ERP system
– Ability to understand and use IT and technological tools to support organizational practices and processes
– Knowledge of the real estate industry;
– Bilingualism (French and English).
– Strategic thinking skills;
– Problem-solving, project management and negotiation skills, with a strong interest in continuous improvement and optimization;
– Leadership to represent our client’s vision and values;
– Collaborative, inspiring and mobilizing spirit to maintain a collaborative culture;
– Coaching skills to support employee growth;
– Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills;
– Results-oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills;
– Autonomy, initiative, creativity, boldness;
– Ethical, honest and respectful of people.